Thursday, May 27

Haircut and Progam installations

Proud moment, after hearing what was said as DD's Cosmetology college this morning. Eldin got an awesome haircut today, like Randy's from 'That 70's Show'. Eldin had had the same style (long and ponytailed) for going on 9 years, so it was time for a change (according to us parental units). Anyway, while he was getting his haircut by Angelica, a lady entered and asked at the front desk if Angelica was available. The lady was told that Angelica wasn't available, but there was another girl. The lady said no, that she would wait until Angelica WAS available. I just think that's awesome!

-

Meanwhile, I stayed home when Rain took DD to school with DS in tow for his haircut. Since I had started a download of StarOffice8 on my DW's 'puter last night, which finished something in the wee hours of this morning, I worked on getting the program installed. It wasn't as straight forward as I had hoped. Because there were leftover files and/or non-working shortcuts for this previously installed program, I was having trouble installing the newer version. I kept getting an error saying I couldn't install the newer version until I uninstalled the older one (which wasn't really installed, just had straggler files). Any hoots, eventually I ended-up downloading the Revo Uninstaller and running that because it finds every file from a program and deletes it, which it did. After that I tried reinstalling StarOffice8 and succeeded. I've now got that same program on this computer, but haven't really played with it very much. From what I could tell, it's very similar to OpenOffice. OpenOffice even takes up less disk space, although I have plenty of unused space even after the new program installation. So I don't know, I may or may not uninstall S.O, depends on when or if I get on a 'tidying-up' bugaboo.

-

Other than that, the morning and after noon have been 'same ol, same ol'.

-

http://ramblemans.blogspot.com

-

No comments: