Saturday, July 22

Cooler weather, best friends, and stuff

Here I am again, with not much more to contribute to the on-line world than I did yesterday, or the day before, etc., etc., etc. Although, I did contribute some pictures, and they say pictures are worth a thousand words. If that's so, then I was extremely prolific yesterday.

As some people have noted, it was, or at least it seemed, much cooler yesterday than it had been earlier in the week. It was in the 80's instead of the high 90's or 100's. So you might be wondering if we got a lot more done since it was a bearable temperature to be working outside in, and the answer would be no. I did get the ant-killer bomb set-off in the attic, above the bathroom window where the carpenter ants are being the most destructive. It's a little early to tell if it's done any good. Well, actually it's not, I just haven't checked. Other than that, about the only thing I did outside was swim (no, I didn't get to skinny-dip because the kids went swimming too) and feed the birds. Don't have gas for the mower, so can't do that. I would like to empty the trash barrel so the stuff on the bottom (when we put stuff in it) will burn better and more complete. Might do that today sometime. Haven't decided. *grin*

I'm trying to decide if I should continue to post to this blog AND my Live Journal. Those of you who read my LJ, would you be willing to read the same thing at Blog*Spot if I stopped posting on LJ? The thing is, is that it's a *little* bit of a hassle to make Qumana post the subject/title to LJ. I have to edit the XHTML so there's a subject for the LJ blog. It's not a huge deal I suppose, it's just easier (DUH!) to not do it. And I prefer Qumana over Zoundry because it's easier to format the font and paragraphs without having to do each paragraph separately. So, whattaya think?

If anyone cares, I did shower and shave yesterday. *smile*

I'm a little sad that a good friend of ours who's going through a cancer ordeal hasn't answered my private emails. I suppose I'm going to breakdown and telephone her, as that seems like the only way to find out how she's doing. I don't mind calling, it's just that we're still in heavy "penny pincher" mode, especially now that we're no longer using the credit cards for anything. We didn't use them to pay the phone bill anyway, but since we're not using credit to buy groceries, we don't have as much money to pay the bills. I think we can afford the phone cost for a call to one of our best friends though, so I'm going to do that today. Then on the 25th I'm also going to make a call to my mother because it's her birthday.

I guess that's all I've got. Talk to and read you later!

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

so sorry money is tight. i am on SSI so its hard at times. Glad that you got to swim with your kid's I bet that was fun.

Todd said...

i am on SSI so its hard at times.

I know. I'm on SSD.

Glad that you got to swim with your kid's I bet that was fun.

Oh yeah, it was fun alright. *smile*:-)