Wednesday, July 12

New Neurologist, junk-food binge, cat medicine

Went to the new-to-me neurologist yesterday. He seemed like a really nice man. I was standing in the doorway to the room they had us waiting in for him, when he *finally* got to us. I told him I was waiting in the doorway because I was just about to go ask someone if they had forgotten about us because we had been waiting in the room for an hour. He apologized and asked if we'd rather see another doctor because he was late. I told him no, that I was just bored because it had taken so long. He apologized again and said there's just too many patients and too few neurologists. Which makes me wonder why the hell they schedule appointments so close together if they know that it takes longer than 15 minutes per patient once they get to the patient's room. *grr* This happens *every* time we go see *any* doctor. They take us to the room to wait, on time, but the doctor never comes into the room on time. Very annoying! It's like their time is so much more important than their patients. You know, I've seen signs in waiting rooms, before you're taken in to wait in the other room for the doctor, that say, "If you're more than 15 minutes late it's assumed you're not coming and you'll have to reschedule your appointment". Yet it's okay if they make you wait an hour or more for the doctor AFTER they take you back. I think if THEY are more than 15 minutes late, than your appointment should be free, or severely discounted, unless they had a true emergency. Maybe then they'd make more of effort to see you at your appointed time.

Brain scan showing lesians from Multiple SclerosisAnyway, I am scheduled for an MRI next Monday to see if I have more, less, or the same amount of POL (points of light -aka: scar tissue) in my brain. Other than that, we just talked and he did a few routine checks on my balance, walking, eyes, reflexes, etc. The picture on the left is not a scan of my brain, just a picture that I googled to show an example of lesions caused by MS.

Once we got back to Buffalo, we stopped into Woods (grocery store) and bought a bunch of junk food. And that's what we had for supper last night - cookies & cola. We did get some M&Ms and Mini Peanut butter cups, but haven't opened those yet. Seems like we do that after doctor appointments for some reason. Maybe it's because we've de-stressed and feel we deserve to be spoiled. I don't know. *grin*

We had bought some infant drops for the relief of nasal and chest congestion on our way out of town to the doctor, for Spot. After we got back from Springfield we gave her a little bit, and then 4 hours later gave her a tiny bit more. She does seem less congested, and we even saw her eating and drinking plenty of water. So, it appears as though she continues to get better, albeit slower than we'd like, but progress nonetheless.

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

I like your thought on the Dr. That we should not pay if it takes more then 15 min in the room to see the dr.
Sure would like some of that junk food lol.
glad the cat is doing some what better.

Unknown said...

Sweden has its problems in that area. They're better about the waiting (or is it the scheduling?) but if you don't show up on time, you still get charged for the visit!

RYC on Xanga: Thank you so much Todders. You, Rain and the children are also loved. =)