Sunday, July 16

Sick Trippy, AC, Shopping

TrippyThis is Trippy. We named him this because, well, he's just such a trip. Always in a crazy mood, darting all over the house when he's feeling rambunctious. He was feeling that way, and being a "wild kitty" just Friday morning. But by the afternoon he'd become listless and started having dry heaves :-( We originally thought he was coming down with the same thing Spot has (she's almost all better, by the way), but now we're not sure. I mean, it just came on so QUICK. Yesterday and the day before we gave him some infant decongestant medicine. He doesn't seem to be trying to throw-up as much, but other than that, no change. Please cross your fingers that he recovers soon. He's one of our favorite cats.

Having the AC in is helping me a lot. I don't feel quite so drained during the hottest part of the day. Plus I've also been wearing the gel-filled, refrigerated neck-wrap, and that helps as well. Even wore it outside yesterday when I was refilling the chicken/duck waterers. Also when I was tossing the ol' rubberskin around with my son. I call it "rubberskin" because it's a football made of rubber. *smile* Footballs made of leather are often called "pigskins".

Got our weekly grocery shopping done today. Got some algaecide and  clarifier for the pool. Now all I need to do is get the leaves off the bottom of the pool, and vacuum it. Gunna need wife-help to do that. Right now her and my DD are taking a nap, because they got up early this morning. Actually, I did too, which is why it's my turn next, after they get up.

It was nice, traffic-wise in town today. Sunday's always are, which is why we've decided Sunday is our best day to shop. While there we also got a twin-fan for the kids bedroom window, so that should keep it a bit cooler in there. YAY! Not really a big deal until it's time to read their bedtime story and nearly faint do to the heat, especially when they forget to open their window once the sun moves to the other side of the house.

That's all I've got, for now. Try to stay hydrated and cool as much as you can stand.

Rambleman

1 comment:

lovelife said...

Hi maybe your cat is not drinking as much as it should. we have to watch ours and kkep out alot of water. Well i hope the cat gets better. We have 4 cats and one is due to have babys any day.
well have a good day and try to stay cool.