Monday, July 31

Letters, MIB, and Tomb Raider 1

Haven't been doing Jack Schitt, because, well, he's not my type. LOL. Anyway, the weather here, like so many places, has been too hot to doing anything of substance outdoors, so I haven't been. It's all I can do to feed the chickens and ducks and fill their water holders. *sigh* No, I'm not asking for sympathy, simply stating the facts, ma'am (or sir, whichever you identify with). LOL.

Decided to do something "old fashioned" as far as communicating with friends in the 21st century goes... I wrote a letter. Not to my mom like usual, but rather to a friend who has been too busy for email (cancer). My wife and I were talking about how we hadn't heard from her when my wife said, "Send her a letter, everybody likes getting letters". So I thought, hmm, that's true. Perhaps it'll make their family happy that I consider them enough like family to take the time to write a personal letter... ON PAPER! *smile* So that's what I did. Sent it out on Saturday, so they should get it today or tomorrow.

Other than that, I've been playing computer games, like MIB and Tomb Raider I. TR1 was originally designed to run on Windows 95, and up until yesterday I hadn't been  able to get it to run on Windows XP. I went on line and googled, and came up with this site, that gave me everything I needed, like patches and installation instructions, and now I can play TR1 on my XP computer. YAY! I love Laura! *grin* The last time I played, I was killed by bats in the "City of Vilcabamba". As for my level on Men In Black (MIB) *grin*, I can't get off the stairwell without dieing once I climb out the window after disarming the bomb and killing the 2 burglars. LOL. I did manage to pick up a "large medi-pack" in the apartment, but that doesn't do you much good if the building blows up while you're in it, or you jump from too high on the stairwell. LOL.

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

yes it is very hot. I get out and feed dogs and water them a few times a day and bring them in when it gets over 95. I do get out and water my plants and have to add water to the water garden.
So how do you like Tomb Raider. My middle son would love that game lol
well stay cool.

Todd said...

So how do you like Tomb Raider. My middle son would love that game lol


Did you see that part where I said, "I love Laura!"? *grin* I really like the game, although, for me anyway, it's much different playing it on the computer than it was with Playstation 1, but I'm working on it. *smile* We also have a Tomb Raider for Playstation II, but I haven't tried that one. The kids like it though :-)