Friday, July 14

Town trip, AC, window gardens

Today all we did was drive into town and get a couple of lottery & powerball tickets for Saturday Night's drawing. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, I know, but like they say, "You can't win if you don't play". We don't obsess about winning anymore, but we do like to keep our chances alive. *smile* We also picked-up some glazed doughnuts for the kids and I, and some chocolate doughnut holes for Rain. We've already eaten them all, and they were DELICIOUS! *drool*

After we got home and recovered from the drive in the hot weather, we finally broke down and put the window air-conditioner in. We decided to do it last night when we were sitting in the living room sweating profusely. That and I was feeling nauseous because of the heat, just like I was when we got to the store. I walked in there feeling nauseous too. *sigh* I've been toughing it out all summer, but last night and today I just couldn't deal with it anymore. I know it's going to raise our electric bill, but it's my health, man. Right? Remember that window fan we had in the window behind me? Well, since we've got the AC in the living room window now, we moved the twin-fan into our bedroom. That should help keep it cooler while we sleep (much better than the singe, oscillating fan we had in there, which is now on the shelf behind the computer, on the room divider pointing at me/us).

And last but not least, because so many people are showing pictures of their gardens, I thought I would do the same. Though our gardens are not really *ours*, it's Rain's. And they're not outside, they're in the bedroom and bathroom windows. Here's what they are: Stevia, Raspberry, Money tree, Miniature Rose, Spider plant, and Pineapple plants in the bedroom window. In the bathroom window there's: An "Arbor day" tree and Date Palm in one pot, Grapefruit tree in one, and an Avocado tree & 4 Orange trees in the other. And one hanging plant: Pothos (we think).

Bedroom window gardenBathroom window garden

And now that it's taken me about 45 minutes to write this, because I had to break to eat supper (pork burritos), I guess I'll go ahead and send it. *smile* Plus I have some laundry to finish.

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi sorry the heat is trying to make you sick. We end up running fans in the day time and the air at night in our room just so Storm can sleep after his hot day on a roof.

Todd said...

We end up running fans in the day time and the air at night in our room just so Storm can sleep after his hot day on a roof.

We were running fans all day and most of the night. But it just wasn't cooling the house enough. I mean, when it's 90+ in the living room, that's too hot. *sigh*