Saturday, July 1

Heat, computer stuff, and TV programs

It's been a hot day, no doubt about that. Even the wasps that are usually flying around, aren't. They're probably hanging out in a nest somewhere keeping cool and out of the afternoon sun. I wouldn't think the "guard" wasps would get a break though. But even they're staying out of the heat.

As you can imagine, I haven't gotten a lot done today. Didn't have many emails already downloaded this morning for off-line reading. I couldn't get on-line to check for more because my DD beat me to it. Really wasn't a big deal though, because all of the e-lists I'm on have been extremely slow. So, I played a game of "Bounce-Out". Made it to level 22, and had over 2 million points. Pretty good really. However, I still didn't make it onto the high-score list. My wife is MUCH better, and holds nine out of the ten high scores. You guessed, I'm in the number ten spot, but probably won't be there for long, as my highest score is WELL below her's. Then again, she plays it more too. Still, my ranking is respectable. *smile*

I took a 2.5 hour nap. It went really quick though, but I did feel a little less tired than I was before I laid down. Once I woke-up and ate lunch (actually breakfast, although I hadn't eaten anything and it was 2:30 in the afternoon), I slowly but surely became coherent and semi-active. That activity included getting up off of the sofa to flip my burger, put it on a plate, and take it to the living room to eat. Then I watched FSTV for a while (about Michael Moore's invitation to speak at a Utah college). It was called, "The Divided State". Boy, talk about different opinions about him, from the left AND the right. *grin*

Then there was a thing on about War Resisters going to Canada for asylum. The "people" welcome them, but the Canadian government worries so much about hurting Bush's feelings, so they're NOT as welcoming. Sad really, and interesting. It was called, "Let Them Stay". Also on FSTV.

Watched Forensic Files for an hour. And now "Mansquito" is on. Which I'll be watching after I send this little ditty.

Right now I'm using Qumana 3.0 to write this. However, when I need to send this to LJ, I'm going to get to cut and paste this into the Zoundry blog writer. Why? Well, because for some reason the SUBJECT line in Qumana, doesn't get transferred to Live Journal. Also, there's no way, that I know of, and I've searched, to make Live Journal not insert line-breaks in addition to your writer's. If you know of a way to change the default setting, please tell me. I know you can turn it off at the site, but that's all. But this, I think, is a LJ problem, not Qumana's. Other than that, it's got everything I need. It's got a way to choose your font, with a click. Your font size with a click, and you can justify the paragraphs with a click. No more having to go into the code and modify it. It's just that because it doesn't get the subject line into LJ, I have to go on-line and edit my entry from LJ. Usually not a problem because out connection fast enough (48 kbps), it's it defeats the purpose, in my mind anyway, of using an "off-line" writer. So I have to adapt and just use both for now. I did send that problem to Qumana, but haven't heard anything back yet. I've emailed with them before about it, so they know the problem. I mean, a lot of people are going to say, "IT'S FREE", and you STILL expect perfection? Get real!" Actually I don't, I just like feeling like I'm helping them become aware of the issues. If they don't know about them, they can't fix them. Right? While I'm at it though, there needs to be more font styles added, like VERDANA for instance. I really like that one. *grin* But like you say, it's free, so whatever.

I would like to thank Whimsperation for all those articles. I plan on commenting on a few, just not right now. This is weird, I feel like I'm in one of those movies where two people communicate through newspaper ads. I guess it's a way to say, read at your leisure, like I have to tell you that. *shy smile*

Rambleman

No comments: