Friday, June 30

Heat, ISDN, medicine, Sonic, smoking, napping, unpacking

Not much to say today, but as always I will think of something. *grin* Yesterday and today have been extremely hot here in LL, MO - in the mid 90's. Yesterday afternoon I went out and jumped into the pool. Boy did THAT feel good, although I thought the water was cold. When the kids jumped in a few minutes later, my daughter said, "This is NICE!" Crazy kid. *smile*

I called CenturyTel this morning and asked about ISDN since we can't get DSL. She immediately said "No!". I asked her why not and she told me, "Because we don't offer that". I told her, "Yes you do, I saw it on your web site under 'business'". She told me to hold on a minute while she checked. She came back a couple of minutes later and told me it wasn't available in my area. No kidding, nothing is. *sigh* I asked how much it would be if we could get it and she told me $500  a month. YIKES!

Called in my prescription to the pharmacy this morning, but when we got there to pick it up, it wasn't ready. The doctor hadn't called them back to okay it yet. That's okay, because I have enough to get me through until Sunday (Saturday's my last available dose), and it's one I can do without until Monday. Actually, I think the pharmacy is open tomorrow, so theoretically we could drive in tomorrow and pick it up if we want to.

While we were in town we stopped at Sonic and had breakfast. That was good. Then we swung by the store to check on my prescription, pick up a couple of things, swung by the cigarette store to get me enough to get through the weekend. When I run out of cigarettes after this weekend, if my wife has been able to stay not smoking after today, I will quit on Monday, or sooner if the smokes we bought today are gone. Once she quits (starting tomorrow), I will only smoke outside, to help her not be so tempted.

We've brought a few more things that we were storing in the craft room outside, in to the house today. Some movies, a few computer CD's, and miscellaneous stuff. That was done while I was napping. Now my wife and daughter are napping, and my son is in the other room watching TV. All the cats are lazing around and sleeping too. The chickens are outside roaming around though, but I'm sure some of them are just laying around as well. That's all I've got to say.

Rambleman

No comments: