Wednesday, June 28

Excess liner, tanglefoot & horse flies, naps, frisbee, Pirates of the caribbean, Qumana 3.0

Got a few things done today, like cutting the excess blue liner off the sides of the pool, and hanging them on the fence to the side of the pool. Reason? I've heard that horse-flies are attracted to the color blue. The inside of the pool is blue, and during the latter month or so of summer, the horse-flies just won't leave you alone when you're in the pool. We figured that if they are indeed attracted to blue, then perhaps we can get them to buzz around the blue pieces on the fence and leave the swimmers alone. We we get the money, we'll buy something called "tangelfoot" to get them stuck to it and die. Just like those sticky fly strips you hang from the rafters and/or ceiling. Worth a shot anyway. *smile* During the whole session of cutting the excess stuff off the pool, I also pulled some weed because they're looking a bit unruly. I can only mow so close to the pool because of the wood framing that's on the ground around it. I was going to go back out and cut and pull the weeds, grass, and tree saplings, but I was getting tired. I came in and took a nap once I cooled off, and slept until 4 p.m. Came out to the livingroom and dozed off again until 5:30. Guess I was more tired than I thought. *smile*

Not too long ago, I was outside playing frisbee with the kids again. That was fun, even if it was only for 20-30 minutes. The heat was definitely getting to me though. I noticed at one point that every so often when I'd be waiting for the frisbee to come my way, I'd start getting dizzy, and sometimes I'd start seeing "tracers" of light cause by the sun hitting my sun glasses just right, just like when I tripping. *evil grin* Haven't done that for about 23 years though, but I still remember. *grin*

When I woke up the second time the movie was still on, it's a good one and the second time in as many days as we've watched it. It's called "Pirates of the Caribbean - The Curse of the Black Pearl", with Johnny Depp.

Rambleman

P.S. This was written with an updated version of Qumana 3.0.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't know that about horseflies... I'll have to keep that in mind. Let us know if it works, 'k?

I don't know if it's my mail program or yahoo, but it seems like 1 out of 3 things I try to post to the list gets returned. *scratches head* Can't figure it out...

hope you have a good day. hugs to all.

Unknown said...

Hey Todders! You don't have to see my "protected" post on Xanga. It's on the Chasing Dani blog here. Just me being whiney, I guess.