Tuesday, June 27

Farm work/day

Rock moving on 6-27-06

Got some yard work done this afternoon, shortly before it started thundering and lightening. We moved a bunch of rocks that were along the fence line of the small pasture, on the outside, over to the garden area. At one point my daughter said, "Now THIS is good farm work. Good training!" The kids helped me put them in the wagon, and we got two loads over to the area (just inside the green pole on the upper-right side of the picture. Rain will do something with the rocks, I'm sure. Maybe put them along the outside of the chicken-wire fence I put around the garden... eventually. Before it rained though, I ran out and put the mower in the shed. We wanted to get the frisbee tossed around before it rained really hard, so we went out in the back yard and tossed it between three of us (me and the kids). I told the kids we'd get wet because it was raining when we headed out the door, but they assured me they didn't mind getting wet. It was fun. We played until the thunder and lightening got louder and more frequent. I used the excuse of coming in to unplug the phone-line from the computer, to end the game. *grin*

We also went into town and got a couple of bags of chopped corn for the chickens and ducks, and lunch as breakfast for us. Also got some trash burned, after the kids cleaned out the van like I asked.

The kids worked on science and math for a little over an hour this afternoon. Actually, my son is doing it again.

So, all in all a good day... so far.

Rambleman

Technorati :

No comments: