Sunday, June 4

Day in the park

Went to a park in Springfield today and played (well, the kids played the most, but I did swing), and ate lunch. We brought chips and cookies, and the other family brought drinks for the kids and stuff for making sandwiches. We had a great time, even though it was raining when we got there. But the rain did let up not long after we all arrived. Did lots of talking and hugging. After the park, we all went to Bass Pro Shop and looked around. Got to see snakes, fish, turtles, life-size displays of bears and deer. Also got to see some ducks swimming in the indoor stream, as well as fish swimming in the same stream It was pretty cool. But there were just SO MANY people. We're country people, we're not used to large crowds. *smile* But we survived. Wish I would've remembered to take my camera. I always forget. *sigh* The sun was shining on the way home, and when I tried to put some sunglasses on, they broke. Rain offered to let me wear hers, but I declined, until about halfway home when my eyes started getting tired and I was getting sleepy. Once I put the glasses on I was better, but my eyes were already tired. When we got home, the wife, daughter, and I all layed down for a nap. I couldn't sleep, so I came to the computer, where you're reading me now. *smile*

So how is *your* day?

Rambleman

Technorati : ,

No comments: