Monday, June 19

Centurytel DSL & modems, grocery shopping, trash burning, sale contract.

Called Centurytel this afternoon to see if we could get DSL service yet. Of course they told me no. Not long after I hung-up the phone, the kids told me we had 3 packages from the UPS guy. One was vitamins, another was a prescription, and yet one more was the CORRECT DSL modem they didn't send me last week. I called them last week to tell them I got the wrong modem. That's when they told me we didn't get service in our area and our request had been canceled. She also told me she'd be sending us a return-postage label to return the incorrect modem, and that we'd be getting a letter saying that we've been canceled, blah, blah, blah. So I had to call them back and ask for a second postage-return label. *grin* While I had the customer service guy on the phone, I asked him if they (Centurytel) had a maintenance schedule for when and where they get DSL service going. He told me they did. I asked him why nobody will tell me the schedule then. Of course he told me that the schedule is always changing, but they'd put a flyer in our mail box when it became available and we could call and get it all set up. I said, "Yeah! That's what they told me 2 YEARS AGO!" He then proceeded to tell me that it takes 6 people from the area to call and request it, that that's what gets them to investigate putting it in the area. I told him that just across the highway (which is exactly 3.5 miles from our house) they have it. No, wait, that was the first guy I talked to. Sorry. Anyway, the first guy told me that the extra half mile would put it out of range. Back to the 2nd guy. I told him of a family I know in Kentucky that has it and there are only 4 families in that area, but they have it. He told me then I need to get four of my neighbors to call them, and that would more than likely get them motivated. So we're thinking of making some flyers and sticking them in the mail boxes around here telling them to call and say they want it, even if they don't, so that we can get it. *smile* Back before Centurytel became the phone service out here, it was Verizon. Maybe we should call Verizon and see if they can motivate Centurytel for us. Don't know, just thinking out loud. :-)

We went grocery shopping earlier this afternoon. I just got through burning the trash, and now we're just hanging out. It's SO HOT outside! We still haven't put the A/C in the window... still trying to save money. *sigh* Having to decide between health and saving money just sucks!

Oh yeah, and last night I took the "for sale" site for our house down. My wife called the realtor this morning and told her to cancel our contract. So now, we're thinking if nobody has shown any interest by the end of the month of June, we'll be getting the bankruptcy paperwork started. *sigh*

Rambleman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog, Hon. Looks like we both need some comments LoL. Anyway, I truly wish there was some way I could help y'all. I know people say that, but I mean it. *hugs*

As for the DSL, Sweden and the USA must have been using the same handbook ... ignoramouses.