Monday, June 26

Peacock hanging, window screen, window fan, computer fix, exercise machine

Peacock wall-hanging on our livingroom wall

This is the wall-hanging that we had folded and put in our bedroom when we were preparing to move. Since we have no idea when or if that's going to happen, we decided to at least make the livingroom feel more "homey". And it does, just by putting that up.

I also got the excess screen cut off the window where we put the new fan, which works pretty well. Best in the evening though. When the sun starts shining on that window, we turn the setting on both fans to 'exhaust'. When that window's no longer be bathed in the hot sun we change the settings back to 'intake' to bring cool air in. Speaking of cool, it was pretty cool in the house this morning. I even felt I had to put on my heavy, gray pull-over on.

This morning didn't start out the greatest. I overslept AGAIN :-( Don't even remember my daughter waking me up at 7 am. She swears she did, and I believe her because I know I'm a very deep sleeper. I woke-up with a start at about 8:30 and came out to the livingroom. That's when the first thing she said to me was, "My computer won't work!". I had just barely woken-up, not something I like to hear right away, if you know what I mean. What she meant was that the connection sharing wasn't working, so she couldn't go on-line even if our computer was connected to the Internet, and it was. I messed around all frikkin' day, and couldn't get the problem resolved. This evening I did manage to get it to work, once I figured out it was because I installed the latest Zone Alarm update. She said just a little while ago, "See? I knew you'd get it fixed eventually". She's so sweet :-)

We also took the exercise machine upstairs and also took the boom-box up. The one that can play CD's as well as radio.

Before the window screen and computer fix, we went into town and got a newspaper, a 3 liter bottle of cola, and a bag of M&M's.

Rambleman

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I overslept today too, which means everyone overslept =( Of course your kids are sweet (and very well mannered, so I'm told). They have the example of you and Rain. =)