Thursday, June 8

Broken hip. DSL. Pool vacuuming. Conscription

Got a call from my father in Colorado yesterday morning. He told me that my mother had fallen and broken her hip, and will be having surgery today. Please keep her in your thoughts.

I spent about 3-4 hours riding around on the mower, mowing all the grass that I wanted to mow. Place looks really nice, and I didn't even get a sunburn! :-)

Drove into town to get a few things, and saw some phone repairmen working on a phone-line tower out by the hwy (3 miles from here), and am hoping they're installing another DSL hub. If they are, then that would be a GREAT selling point for this place. I don't think we'd get it, because I think you have to agree to a 1 year subscription (need to look into that more), and we're hoping to NOT be here for another year.

Today I'll be vacuuming the bottom of the pool. Added extra water a few days ago in preparation, so hopefully everything will go well. Last time I tried vacuuming it, the filter basket kept clogging and I kept losing pressure. I cleaned the dead bugs and leaves off the bottom last week, so I'm hoping that solved the clogging issue. *crossing fingers*

Saw on the news this morning that a u.S. senator is going to introduce a bill that will make it a requirement for all persons, men and women, ages 18-42, to serve either 2 years in the military or 2 years of community service. Will let you know what I find out. The report said it was on rense.com

Rambleman

No comments: