Friday, June 2

New friends and stuff

What an exciting last couple of days! Although the friends that were going to visit on Sunday weren't able to make it, we did get to meet some new friends yesterday. We talked a lot and have pretty much the same feelings about the things that matter to us (politics, religion, kids), and that always makes for good times :-) They were SO nice, and even gave me a good health tip to purge some of the toxins from my body. You combine 1 pound of sea salt with 1 pound of baking soda, put them in a tub full of water, and soak for 10 minutes (not more than 15 max) 2-3 times a week. If you've done it right and you indeed have toxins in your body, you'll be able to see the water change colors from the leached toxins. So, once we're able to afford to try that, I'm going to. Then we'll see if that helps me feel any better. For more information about some other alternative medicine things, just check out what Robert is a big part of.

Woke up at some point last night and went to the restroom, and then for some reason I turned on the kitchen light sat on the livingroom sofa. Apparently I dozed off, because I remember my 10 y.o. son coming out and sitting on the arm of the sofa next to me. He told me, after I opened my eyes (which wasn't long after he got there) that his ear was still hurting. Well, being 3 o'clock in the morning, I had no idea what to do. So I asked him if he would like to go back to bed, thinking that if he could sleep for a few hours until I got back up a 7, we could deal with it then. Well, apparently he couldn't sleep, and was back up with Rain at 4 am. She peroxided his ear, gave him some pain reliever, and put some ear drops in his ear, and stayed up with him until 5:5 a.m. When I got up this morning, there was a note on the computer that said to have him take a warm bath and soak his ear(s) in some warm water. Okay, so my daughter told me what the note said before I saw it, but it was there :-) I had planned on feeding the chickens and then laying back down until 9:30 or 10. He was sound asleep on the sofa. I figured when he woke-up I would have him take a bath. But he didn't wake-up until around 10:30, and that's when Rain came out of the bedroom. He saw her and said that his ear was feeling MUCH better. YAY! :-) We're thinking he probably had swimmer's ear like he did last summer, and we took care of it the same way. If it's anything like last year, this will be the only time we worry about it.

Speaking of the swimming pool, if you remember, I told you I started to vacuum it over the weekend, but couldn't see the bottom well enough to tell where I had ran the brush over, so I just added some clarifier and algaecide. That definitely cleared it up, but unfortunately I could see some algae on the bottom and walls. Because I need to add more water before I vacuum again, today I just scooped crap (bugs & leaves) off the bottom. After that I scrubbed the entire pool, which loosened everything, and turned the water cloudy again, plus added a pale green color to it. Yuck! Just a little while ago I added some more clarifier and it's now circulating and filtering the water. If/when it's clear tomorrow, and the weather is nice and sunny enough, I'll add water and vacuum it. Then add some algaecide and clarifier again. Then hopefully we'll have a nice and clean pool once again :-)

Earlier today we went into town to pick up a prescription for me, and a couple more lottery tickets. Went to Dairy Queen and got us all a "Monster Cookie Blizzard" - delicious! :-) We made a deal with the kids and ourselves last night that we would skip two trips to McDonalds so we could get the blizzards. Although, we had $8 dollars left after DQ, so we swung by Mickey's and got 4 double cheeseburgers and 4 small fries, to go. We already had drinks (water) with us.

Yesterday was my dad's 71st birthday. I called and wished him a happy day and chatted for a few minutes while mom walked their dog. While I was talking to him I had to go to the bathroom, so I handed the phone to Rain while I went. When I got the phone back, my dad had turned into my mother, so I talked to her for a little bit. While I was talking to my dad though, he told me that my aunt in Colorado had been admitted to the hospital and they found that her cancer had took a turn for the worse. If she gets well enough to be released from the hospital, she'll most likely go directly to a nursing home. I know that she had been on oxygen for several years because of emphysema, and now this. She's had a rough decade! I was never all that close to her emotionally, but I do like her and am keeping her in my thoughts. Back to my mother... she's been put BACK on the medicine that she HAD been on a while back, before her Georgia doctors kept trying her on "new" stuff that never worked very well. Now that she's back in Colorado, and on the old medicine that worked, dad says he thinks she's doing much better. Why can't doctors just keep you on what WORKS? *sigh* And he (my dad) told me they're starting to acclimate to the higher altitude as well. They were in Georgia, and are now in Gunnison Colorado (since mid-April).

The Dallas Maverics beat the Phoenix Suns in game 5 of the series last night, so nows there's going to be a game 6 and hopefully a game 7 (if the Suns win #6). I still like both teams, but kinda-sorta want to see the Suns win the series. Then they'll either play the Detroit Pistons or the Miami Heat in the championship series on June 8th. I'm hoping the Pistons win the series against the Heat and play the Suns in the championship. The Piston-Heat game is on tonight. Woo-Hoo! :-) GO PISTONS!

I am SO sick of hearing/seeing the television commercials for high-speed Internet, because we can't have it :-( I guess that's the price (for some of us) of living in the boondocks. *sigh* Then again, I pretty much REALLY dislike ALL commercials because NOTHING is as advertised, at least in our experience.

Rambleman

No comments: