Thursday, June 22

No DSL. Fan. Weather

Just got off the phone with the supervisor of the people who hook-up houses to the DSL connection huts. Long story short, as far as he knows right now, there are no plans to put more "huts" in this area. He said he pass the email on up the line, but has no idea if it'll get DSL to us. At least that's something, I guess. And being the diplomat, he told me he completely understands my frustration cuz "it sounds like you're getting the run around".

"Yeah!"

I asked him, why did a technician tell me DSL *is* available, and when I called customer service told me it wasn't? When I told them a tech. said we could, I was told by CS that the techs. don't have any way TO check. I called tech.support back, and *they* told me they can check, but that CS had the latest updates, that there's wasn't as accurate. It's a computerized company!! They SHOULD be able to distribute the updates pretty evenly and quickly. *GRR* Anyway, looks like no DSL for who knows how long :-(

On an "up" note, we got our twin-fan window fan. Had only been on a couple of ours when it started thundering, raining, and lightening. The the power went out for about half and hour. So, since it's not as hot as it has been outside, it's hard to tell just how well the fan will work when it's in the 90's (F*).

Rambleman

No comments: