Saturday, June 24

Bureaucracy. Home and property viewers.

Just got off the phone with a few companies. The first one I called was to find out who the hell enrolled me in their prescription drug plan without my knowledge. They told me Medicare did and that I needed to call them and dis-enroll. Called Medicare, only to be told they didn't show me as having any coverage. I asked them why not, I've been enrolled with my current one since May 1st. I had already dis-enrolled from the first one Medicare enrolled me in (Well-care) and called them then to tell them, and now I've apparently been auto-enrolled in another one I don't need. He told me to just disregard anything I get from other companies since I already have an active account with another. I said, "But I had this one before you enrolled me in Humana. If you're not going to have one on your system, you're just going to keep enrolling me in others. How LONG does it take for you people to have updated records?"

He said, "As long as you have an active account with in a drug plan, disregard everything else, it'll eventually work itself out". What could I say but okay?

Called my current, active providers to make sure it was still active, and it was, which I figured since I've used their card to get prescriptions filled. Although, my current providers don't have their records totally clear either. They show my account as being backdated to be active as of Jan. 1, 2006, even though I didn't turn in an application until April 2006 and that was activated as of May 1st. According to them though, I could've been using it since January, they just never told me! We could've saved a shitload of money between Jan and May. *sigh* So, as far as I know, everything is cool, until I start having problems, which I hope I won't and don't anticipate any. Anybody else having these same issues?

I hate bureaucracy!!

On the 'good news' side, a couple came and looked at the house and property today. They seemed very impressed and said a few times how beautiful the place was. Loved the ponds, pool, woods, and the fact that we only use 2 cords of wood per year. He told us that when he lived in South Dakota that he went through a cord a week! Yikes! So he was impressed to say the least. So who knows, perhaps they'll make an offer.

Rambleman

Technorati :

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Todders! Just catching up on my email, AKA the Porch. =)

How is your mom doing?