Sunday, June 11

My writing, making money, what's on the tube

I started to write something earlier, but changed my mind when I started thinking how uneventful my life really is. Started thinking I have nothing to say that I would think anyone would want to read. Those of you who've known me for a while, know that I've said that many times. I've gotten much encouragement to write even if I don't personally think it's interesting. What made me think about it today was, a friend wrote to me and told me all these things she, her kids, and her husband had plans for and do, and I thought, "Gosh, that would be so much better to write about than basically nothing", so I deleted what I had wrote, which was only a couple of sentences, and closed my program. Of course I talked to my wife about how I felt, and she comforted me by telling me that our life is not "boring", it's just a different lifestyle than people's who live in or close to cities. She also reminded me that it would be extremely expensive for us to be on the go all the time since we have a van that gets not much better than 10 miles to the gallon. As it is, if we have to do into town, any town, more than a couple of times a week, by the end of the month we've spent $150-$200. So obviously we try not to go into more than we really have to, which to some people would seem boring, staying at home so much. To be honest though, even when I lived in a city, I didn't go all the time. Sometimes on the weekend I would go to a nightclub, to a park, to the mountains, or to the mall. And that was when I was before I got married. Once married, I didn't need to go to those places as often, because I was no longer looking for a partner. Once I met Rain, we went to the park some times, but never to nightclubs because she just never was into them, and the only reason I had ever gone was to find a girlfriend (never did). In fact, I met Rain at the place we both worked. Had I not smoked then, I probably wouldn't have talked to her enough to get to know her and ask her out, when we were on break. Anyway...

For the chance at more money, we play the lottery twice a week, and Rain enters sweepstakes on-line. Plus we're also trying the ad route, which hasn't helped because nobody, so far, has clicked on the ad and then bought something. And because I read the Google Ad-Sense EULA and in it is says, "If You have elected to receive content or Site-based Ads, You further agree not to display on any Serviced Page any non-Google content-targeted advertisement(s).", I took that to mean I couldn't have Ad-sense AND ads for other companies on the same page/site. Am I correct?

Something else we've applied for is a free car if we agree to drive it 50 miles per day with it ad-wrapped. So far we haven't heard back. Rain is hoping that if we ever qualify, that we get to drive a new Volkswagen Beatle, like this one ad-wrapped beatle. *smile*  At least that way we would be nicer to the environment by saving gas. Actually, any car would be suitable, but this is the one we'd like most because it's one that we would buy if we had the money to do so, because Rain really likes it.

Okay, I suppose I've prattled on long enough. The 2nd game of the NBA championship series is on tonight at 8 PM (central). I have to watch it on the kids' TV because Rain will be watching the season premier of "The 4400" on the USA network :-)

Rambleman

No comments: