Tuesday, September 19

Buffalo area homeschool group

This morning we went to our first homeschool group meeting, in Buffalo (Missouri), only 10 miles from here. We met a few nice parents. There were LOTS of kids, most we younger than our two, but there was a few close to their ages. Hopefully they'll be at other events, like the bowling once a month, or on the play days every Wednesday, so that we can get to know the parents better. Hopefully we'll get to meet some new ones as well. I'm terrible with names, so I can only remember *one* person's name from today. *sigh* If you live in Dallas County in Missouri, check the group out at buffalohomeschoolfamilies.com. I played with some clay and made a bookmark with some stuff that the people from the scrapbooking business in Buffalo "Scrappin Spot" brought.

Click picture to see the full size

My boy also played with the clay, and my daughter made a drawing of a butterfly using a piece of graph-like paper with instructions, of which I cannot find so I can't scan a copy of. *sigh* Anyway, it was scheduled to last from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., but we only stayed until noon because we were tired (I had gotten up at 7 a.m. this morning), so we came home. A good day though, and it was nice to see that there were quite a few home educated kids in the Buffalo area! YAY! Definitely plan on getting involved with other things planned, like bowling nights and stuff. *smile*

Tags: , , , , , , ,

Tags: ,

No comments: