Friday, September 22

A walk. A night of premiers. Food. A visitor

It's been a pretty uneventful day up until about an hour ago. That was when Rain and the kids were getting ready to go for a walk. I had only been up from my nap for a little over an hour, but I was awake, so I put my shoes on. They asked me if I was going, and I answered in the affirmative. We just got back about 20 minutes ago. Since then we've been drinking water and wiping the sweat from our brows. *smile* We walked to the cemetery and back, which is a 2 mile round trip. It's been a LONG time since I've walked that far, but I did it, and ain't too bad. My back's a little sore, my pores exercised by the sweat pouring out of them, and my legs will probably be sore tomorrow. *grin* I'll be okay though, hopefully :-)

While I was taking my nap, I guess we got some rain. Don't know how much, only that the other 3 didn't go on their walk because Rain didn't want to get caught in a tornado. She says we were in a "warning" until 1:15 p.m., and are currently in a "watch" until 9 p.m. tonight. Anyway, she also didn't want to get caught in a sudden downpour. Apparently there was a few times where it rained off and on, the on parts didn't last long. Like I said though, I was asleep during the excitement. *grin* I glad they did put the walk off, because I think it was good for my psyche to get a bit of exercise. *smile*

Again tonight there are going to be a couple of season premiers of shows that we like. One is "Num3ers", another is "Ghost Whisperer", and yet one more is "Close To Home". Therefore, just like last night, you may not "see" me on unless the shows turnout to be a bust, which I don't anticipate.

Tomorrow we go and pick up the food we ordered through the Methodist church around noon.

Oh, speaking of churches. This man came to our house this morning and asked if we went to church. I told him no. Then he asked if I knew of the church that's at the end of our road about 3 miles from here. I told him I had seen it. *grin* And he said okay, and if we ever needed one, there is one there.  I thanked him, and away he went without a hitch. *smile* He said he was just wandering who all in the neighborhood went to church, so he decided the only way to find out was to go door to door and ask. *shrug*

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

lol maybe the man was asking if you went to church so he would find out when you were not home on sundays to break in your house lol
just a joke
was a nice day for a walk. glad you got some family time.

Todd said...


See my response to the first comment