Saturday, September 23

Doing something without energy

Okay, now I can justify writing something, because I've actually done something. I was sitting here, after reading email, thinking, "I just don't feel like doing anything, but I should DO something". I already had a load of one of the kids bedding in the wash machine. Really didn't have much get-up-and-go in me, so I forced myself to get up off my lazy ass and take the trash from the bathroom and the kitchen, out to the burn barrel and burn it. While I was out there, I picked up some twigs that had blown off the trees and put them in the barrel to cook to ash. I also picked up a few of the twigs that fell off of the tree limbs that broke off of the trees a few days ago, and put them in the barrel too. Came in, put the load from the washer into the dryer (no, we still have no clothes line up), rounded-up dishes from other rooms of the house and put them in the dishwasher, and started it. And now, here I am. Aren't you proud of me? *grin* Speaking of doing things, "we", as in the kids as well as the parents, need to walk around the property and pick-up all the branches that've fallen from the trees, primarily the oak trees, and put them in the brush pile. That'll serve a couple of purposes. 1) They'll be out of the way the next time I mow and, 2) We'll have kindling (by breaking-off smaller branches from the bigger ones) for this winter's fires. The trick is getting the kids out there to do it. Last year one time, we asked them to go outside, pick-up some branches and take them to the woodshed. When Rain and I got to the shed, the kids had only picked up THREE branches, and not even big ones. Needless to say, we were a bit peeved.

Earlier today we went into town and picked-up the food we ordered from the Angel Food Ministry. Now we've got some meat to last us a while. The order came with a batch of cookies to bake, which we've already done and already consumed. *grin*

Other than that, we're just lazing around. It's a beautiful day outside, but we're obviously not out in it. Why? I don't know. I'm on the PC, kids are video gaming, and Rain is napping. We'll be going out in about and hour or less to feed the chickens and collect eggs. The festivities for the rest of the evening are still up in the air.

Thanks for tuning in, now it's time to tune out :-)

1 comment:

TheyDHD said...

Yay for doing stuff? *chuckle* As always, it's great to hear from you. *hug*