Monday, September 4

Garden - Part II and yard work. Call from sister for mom.

Garden Stage 2

This is one thing we worked on today, getting all the cardboard we had, and all the used, paper feed bags we had, layed out over the garden area. The one with the hose is Rain, she's soaking it all down so it doesn't blow away. In the upper left is my son, he's walking towards where my daughter is raking leaves to put in bags, that will be spread over the garden as well. *smile* I suppose I should tell you that the dog you see is Sugar, the couch potato. She will lay on the sofa *in* the house if given half the chance (like when we're in bed or not home), and she'll also lay on the junk/porch sofas we have on the porch *outside* when she can. Lazy, lazy dog!

We also spent a few hours pulling weeds around the house and small shed, and throwing those weeds on the brush pile out back. We found some rocks, big and small, that we're going to move up to the garden and spread them around the border so that eventually we'll have a rock wall around it.

But, before we did all that, we went to lunch in Buffalo at McD's. We originally had planned on going to the pharmacy and filling my prescription, but when I tried to call them this morning, there was no answer. That's when I realized they were closed because it's Labor Day. So, when we go into town tomorrow to fill it, we'll also stop and get a couple of gallons of gas for the riding mower. The grass is now looking shaggy enough, and needs a good mowing. *grin* Anyway, after lunch we stopped at the park and the kids and I played for a while, then my stomach got queasy from swinging, so I went and sat with Rain and talked. *grin* But the kids kept playing for a while longer, then we came home and started doing the yard work.

While we were outside working on the garden and stuff, my sister called from CO., from the nursing home where my mom is staying temporarily until her hip heals enough to go home. My mother doesn't have a phone at the home, so they called on my sis's cell phone. Of course, nobody ever calls when we're in the house, only when we go outside or leave to go into town. LOL. My sis's call was no different. *sigh* Unfortunately, the message on our machine said, "Mom is here and she wants to talk to you". I was thinking she was supposed to be home from the nursing home (a couple of weeks a go they said she'd be home in a couple of weeks), but nooooo, she wasn't "home", wasn't at my sisters, but here at the nursing home. *sigh* Luckily I had her cell # and called that *last* and *then* I got to talk to mom mostly, and a little with my sister. Mom's doing okay, 'cept she hasn't made any friends there, dad only visits a couple of times a week (his health not being the greatest), so most of the time she just sits in her room alone. Don't ask *me* why she can't find *someone* to talk to, like out in the common area. Then again, she could be making it sound worse than it really is. Who knows? *sigh*

That was pretty much my day. Tomorrow I get to get my drugs, gas, and do some more yard work. Woo-Hoo! :-)

3 comments:

TheyDHD said...

Oh my, that wet cardboard looks almost like fine suede from this angle! I never thought cardboard could look so nice. :) I'm glad today was good.

Todd said...

I must not see suede enough, cuz I didn't even think about that. Cool! :-)

lovelife said...

yes got an email from a lady saying i need to go to church and that i should not have kids due to being bi and a pagan. guess that is what iget for saying my email in one of the blog post lol