Sunday, September 10

Update on mom. Mercury in ear medicine. Effexor XR.

Good day, everyone! So far it's been okay for me as well. Then again, the only thing I've accomplished is waking up, getting out of bed, drinking some water, watching tv, and having a hamburger for breakfast. Yum! *smile* I suppose I could empty the dishwasher, if there's no email or blogs for me to read by the time I'm done writing. After Rain and my daughter get up from their morning nap, I need to take the clothes from the dryer into our bedroom and hang some of them up, fold some and put them in drawers, and leave some for the kids to come get and take to their room.

Yesterday, as you know, we went to the Celtic Festival. After we got home I got some trash burned, a shower taken, shaved (trimmed my chin-beard) and brushed my teeth. Not too exciting, but hey, that's my life. *smile*

Yesterday when my wife was putting the ear drops we got from the pharmacy into the kids ears, for some reason I thought to ask if they had mercury in them. She didn't know, so she looked. Sure enough, they frikkin did, as a preservative. So, she threw those into the trash. Sigh. Why do they have to put poison in almost everything?! GRR!! But, we've still got the antibiotic pills for my daughter to take, so she'll be fine without the ear drops, and my son's ear was only irritated, not infected, so he'll be fine too. If there's a next time, we'll *definitely* look at the ingredients *first*. I don't know why we didn't this time. Brain fart, I guess. *sigh*

The kids got some grass and leaves raked-up and put in the garden yesterday, and might do some more today. I say "might" because it's the weekend, and we generally don't push for much work on the weekends. In fact, I changed their chore schedule so they don't have any on Saturday or Sunday. Wasn't that flippin nice of me? LOL. I'm such a good boss, er, parent, er, father, er, dad. *grin*

Oh, I got an email from my sister a couple of days ago. Apparently my mom isn't doing well. She's has barely eaten anything except Jell-o in the last 8 weeks. They don't know why, other than she says everything upsets her stomach, so why bother? My sister told me they want to put a feeding tube in, but mom doesn't want it (thinks it's only for those on their deathbed). She says that if she wants to die, then my sister should let her and stop telling her what to do. But my sister and the doctor think it's the depression talking, and the fact that she hasn't been able to keep food down for some *physical* reason, and that's affecting her depression, and the circle continues. They're thinking if they can get something nourishing into her, that she'll start to feel better and will think more clearly. I don't know what my dad has to say about it, I suppose I should call him and ask. Anyway, that's the latest.

As for me, I was prescribed "Effexor XR" (150 mg) for my depression. Been on it four days, and so far so good. I'm a little concerned though, because I was reading on-line that it's caused loss of memory (read the comments at that link's destination) for some people after while. Don't know if it's the medicine itself, or that it causes a loss of sodium that causes the memory loss. I guess either way that it's related to the Effexor XR. Hmm...

Well, that's all I've got. The rest of the day will probably be spent watching football. Not because I'm really all that *into* it, but because there's not much else on. I know, I've checked.

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi well sorry you mom is not doing very good.
your day sounds like mine so far. so if we do not get to read a post from you for a few days just say its due to your new med and loss of memory lol just a joke.
nice that you do not have your kids do stuff on the weekends. hell i would be happy if storms son did any stuff during the week lol

TheyDHD said...

Watch out for that memory loss stuff. I was on a med that messed with my memory, and the effect was permanent *worry*