Saturday, August 12

Chick & trap pix. Algaecide. Nicotine withdrawal

Good morning ladies and germs. *grin* I know, so cliche'. *sighing smile* So, what's up? Apparently you, if you're reading this, and me, because I'm obviously writing it. *smile* Went into town and got some chopped corn for the chickens and ducks.

Speaking of chickens, one of our broody hens is broody no more because 7 of the eggs she was sitting on hatched. They're so cute! :-) I suppose I could run out and get a picture. Be right back. 5 of the 7 chicks - click to enlargeAs always, click for an even LARGER view :-)

Remember me mentioning a wasp trap for our shed? Well, this is the first one we've made, which so far hasn't caught anything by a daddy long-legs. *sigh*Wasp trapI did however get the big nest knocked down and destroyed, plus a smaller one which I think was their practice nest, because it was empty. *grin* By the way, that orange stuff is Orange Cola, which on the Internet is supposed to be one of their favorite drinks. Apparently we've got smarter than average wasps, since they want nothing to do with it. LOL.

By the way, we did get some algaecide for the pool, but had to get it at the mini Wal-Mart in Buffalo, MO. *smile*

I was feeling *really* cranky last evening, and could not figure out why. That's when Rain mentioned that every time I've quit smoking, on about the one week mark I get that way. She says it's because every last little bit of nicotine is out of my system, and it's also when I begin talking about smoking again. Well, once she mentioned that, and I looked at the calendar and saw she was right (it was the 7th day yesterday), I did feel better. She also said that in a day or two I'll be "back to normal", and that gave me hope and incentive. In short, I'm *still* a non-smoker. *smile*

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

the chicks are so very cute. wish i lived where i could have chcikens.

Todd said...

Thanks, we think so too :-)