Friday, August 18

Ruling on NSA spying program. Vote.com. Successful surgeyr. SSD approval. Neo Pets. Rain wanted and needed!

Finally, a judge with the guts enough to rule this way...

"A federal judge in Detroit, Anna Diggs Taylor, has ruled (pdf) that Bush's NSA spying program is a violation of the Constitution." http://alternet.org/blogs/video/40478/

I'm sad to say that while at Vote.com there was a vote on whether or not congress should pass a law that would legalize the wiretapping, and 80% sad yes. In fact, on all but one of the questions I voted on, I was surprised (although I don't know why) at how willing people are to give up their rights. All I can say is "sheople" :-(

I got an email from a friend who's wife just recently had surgery, saying that the surgery went well, and that he couldn't find my phone number. So I called him and gave him my number. While talking he told me that the surgeon (or doctor) said that the surgery "couldn't have gone better", which is GREAT news! I also found out that his application for Social Security Disability was APPROVED! I am SO VERY HAPPY for him and his family. They DESERVE to receive SSD, although sadly his wife (the one who just had surgery) will more than likely be dropped from the MO Medicaid roll :-(

Our kids have been playing games on the Neo Pets site A LOT since last nite. They spent several hours last night, and my son played for a few hours this morning, which is why I haven't been on-line until now. And now he's bugging me again, but I don't know, I think Rain might want a turn on the computer before the kids take it over.

I wish we'd get some rain! It's 101*F right now!

Rambleman

2 comments:

TheyDHD said...

Hmmm. Good news, Sad news, Fantastic news, and Great news. Sounds like an all around decent day. *smile* Your kids know my kid is on neopets and can accept friends, right? *grin*

Todd said...

Your kids know my kid is on neopets and can accept friends, right? *grin*

Maybe they do, maybe they don't, but I'll ask them tomorrow. *grin and shoulder shrug*