Sunday, August 27

Drigger, no visit, Wildblue, Starband

This is DriggerThis is MY cat - Drigger :-) I would've wrote sooner, but at the time she was on my lap spinning and spinning. And whenever I'd put my hand on the mouse to open this program, she'd grab or try to nibble on my hand. I finally got her to get down, er, I mean she finally got down because she wanted to, lol, went to the table, and I took this picture. She is SUCH a silly cat! But I love her anyway. *grin*

I was also delayed because I have AVG set to scan at a certain time, and it never seems to fail that I try to open a program right after the scan starts. While the scan is in progress, everything on the computer goes at a slower pace. In order for the picture of Drigger to show-up on-line, I had to upload it to Ramblemansweb so that it could be hot-linked here. Since I have a page with most of the pictures that're on my blog on it, I just added it to that page and then uploaded the updated page, and that took a few minutes.

I'm kind of sad today, because I found out that the stupidly high gas prices that're keeping us from going to see our friends 2 hours away, are also going to keep them from visiting us tomorrow :-( I sent an email yesterday asking if the visit was still on, and she wrote back saying that they don't have the gas money to make it afterall :-( We understand though, because they had to spend extra, driving another friend with cancer back and forth to the doctor and hospital in Springfield. That friend is now home though, so maybe next month we'll get to see BOTH families. *crossing fingers*

I'm also a bit discouraged about high-speed Internet, specifically Satellite Highspeed. I was on-line the other day checking on pricing and availability of Wildblue Satellite service, only to find out "We apologize, but due to overwhelming demand, we are not currently performing installations in your area." So, we can't get DSL, and now we can't get Satellite broadband either, at least not right now, from Wildblue. *sigh* Anyway, I was reading a forum about Wildblue last night (to which I cannot find right now), and was dismayed that there are a lot of unhappy costumers. Mostly for the slow or non existent responses to phone calls and/or emails about problems, installations, etc. While searching just now, I found this thing about limitations on the amount of files you can download using WB. It's on this page. Now I'm REALLY unsure if I want to get WB. *sigh* But the writer did say that Starband has no such limitations and is only $50/month, so I'll look into that and see if it's available in this area, for when I can actually afford it, which I can't right now anyway. After looking at their pricing, it's going to be a while before I can afford it, if ever. *sigh*

I've been writing this forever, so I'm done. Must eat. Bye.

Rambleman (who's not even sure he needs to sigh his blogs)

Technorati : ,
Ice Rocket : ,

No comments: