Sunday, August 20

Mysterious boot print. Mom.

When I went to bed last night I told Rain that I probably wouldn't come right back to bed after feeding the chickens. That I would probably just fix a pot of coffee and go from there. However, when I was awoken at 7 a.m. to go feed the chickens, I was still a bit tired. I sat at the computer and responded to a few emails, but couldn't send them because my DD was on-line. Well, I decided that I was indeed tired enough to go back to bed, so around 8 a.m. I did. Thinking I would only sleep a couple of hours, I told my DD to get me up around 9:30 or 10. She came in at 9:30, woke me up, but Rain told me that I could stay in bed and she would get up, so I thanked her and dozed back off. The next thing I know, it's NOON! *guilty grin* Didn't really having anything I *had* to get up to do, so I didn't really feel that bad. However, after sleeping that long I almost always have LESS energy than if I hadn't slept so long. Plus, because I laid in bed so long, I had a back-ache, which in turn gave me a slight headache. After a few Ibuprofens and a couple of hours, I felt better.

Didn't vacuum the pool today like I had planned yesterday, when I was feeling motivated. *grin* Besides, I worked harder than usual for the two days prior to today, so I decided I deserved a break. I did get a few dryer loads of laundry hung-up and put away, so it's not like I did nothing.  *grin*

A month or so ago the kids were doing a workout routine that included jumping on the trampoline after dark, so I turned the light sensitive security light over the front porch on. Well, since I did that, they've only jumped on the trampoline once or twice. Today I turned it back off, because it doesn't need to be on at night if they're not going to be out there after dark. Besides, the light sensor needs changed, because it stays on all the time instead of only being turned on automatically after sunset/dark. Not being mad of money, we can definitely benefit from the savings on the electric bill when it's off. What I need to do is hook-up a light switch, instead of climbing up on the roof and unscrewing/screwing the bulb. Haven't got a round tuit though.

Called my sister this afternoon because my dad didn't answer his phone at their house. As it turns out, mom is still in the nursing home recovering from her post hip surgery fall, so dad spends all day visiting her. I'm glad I did call my sis though, because she told me that mom isn't doing well :-( She's never hungry, and when they convince her to eat, she can't hold it down most of the time. The doctors aren't sure if it's a medicine she takes causing that, or if something else is going on. Whatever it is, they need to figure it out soon. When I talked to mom back in April, when she first got to Colo., she was around 150-60 pounds. Well, as of right now she's down to 127 and looking really thin. I think she's around 5'6" or 5'7", so she won't die of starvation unless she loses A LOT more weight (Rain is 5'5-1/2" and feels best around 110-115), but still. I'm told that her clothes just hang off of her. I told my sister to see if she can get mom to smoke some pot. That maybe that would help give her a better appetite and help with the nausea (not to mention satifiying her compulsion to smoke *something*, since she quit cigs). She (sis) said she would talk to her (mom), but knowing how anti-drug mom is, I don't think she'll go for it, even though Colo. is a medical marijuana state. On the good news side, I did get to talk to my aunt that was visiting from Oregon, that I hadn't talked to in over 10 years. In fact I can't remember the last time I talked to her. I was good to hear from her. *smile*

Rain and the kids found a large boot-print out by the big pond this morning, but have no idea who it belonged to, and that kind of upsets my wife a bit. She said it's too big to be one of ours, and besides it's different than what our boot prints look like. Maybe a hunter? She said it looks like someone walked up the ravine to the mouth of pond. We know we do have deer that visit us, because we can see spots where grass has been packed down where they lay. Anyway, it's a mystery, not one we like either. We think we should get some purple paint for some posts, and a "no hunting" sign or three to put on the fence around the place.

Rambleman

5 comments:

lovelife said...

Hi sounds like you needed the rest.
Hope your mom gets better.
kind of scary to find out some one was that close to your home.
stay safe.
have a good week.

TheyDHD said...

A lot of news for such a quiet day.

Todd said...

A lot of news for such a quiet day.

Yeah, I do that a lot. I don't think I have anything to say, and it turns into a book. LOL.

lovelife said...

hi doew Rain have a blog if so what is her link?

Todd said...

hi doew Rain have a blog if so what is her link?

No, she doesn't. She's just not a writer, but she does give me a lot of ideas (at times) about things to write. *smile*