Friday, August 18

MO heat (105), Coyote, Wal-Mart, Public school stupidy

Didn't get much of anything done today. I did get a little mowing done, emphasis on *little* for two reasons. Well, really the only one that kept me from getting much done was the one where I ran out of gas in the mower. What kept me from pushing the mower from the wood-shed back to the shed I park it in was that it was 105*F, according to the thermometer we have mounted on the pole on our porch, which was in the shade when I looked at it. I waited until it cooled off this evening, around 7 o'clock when it was all the way down to 96*F, to ask my wife to help me. She did, and we came back inside where it was much cooler (only about 80).

I didn't mention it before because I kept forgetting, but  yesterday I had to run outside with the shotgun to scare off the coyote we saw out back looking longingly at our chickens. Must be pretty hungry to be out in the daylight, in the middle of the day, to be hunting.

I also forgot to mention that I'm mad at the Wal-Mart Supercenter in Lebanon for not carrying the snow-cone flavors now that the public schools have started back up (we're assuming).

Speaking of public schools, they had to send students from a couple of schools in Buffalo, MO home early, because of the heat. Apparently the schools are too CHEAP to install air-conditioning. Seems stupid to me that they make the kids and teenagers suffer *every* summer for NO GOOD REASON. If they just started school ONE month later, it would be much cooler and the kids and young adults could avoid possible heat-strokes. *sigh*

Rambleman

2 comments:

lovelife said...

Well the Mo schools are out to make as much money on a child as can be made. So why put air in and loose money for that day that the air needs to be used.
My 3 b oy's started school wensday but the school has air so its not as hot. But I would love them to start in Sept.

Todd said...

Well the Mo schools are out to make as much money on a child as can be made. So why put air in and loose money for that day that the air needs to be used.

Yeah, sad but true that the schools aren't really as much about "learning" as they are about "federal money" :-(