Wednesday, August 30

News, breakfast, winterizing, psp downloads, qumana & lj, zoundry

Here it is half way through Wednesday already, and what have I got done? Let's see... I watched the rest of Family Feud when I first got up, then I watched the 2nd half of The Price Is Right after that. During the first half of TPIR I was reading email and blogs. I just got through watching Democracy Now, during which I cooked myself a hamburger and ran a Spybot and Ad-Aware scan on the computer, restarted the computer after each scan.

Rain and my DD just got out of bed (nap) a few minutes ago. Rain got up mostly because the chickens were making a lot of noise out back, so she went outside to see what she could see. Apparently while she was standing on the porch, a rooster came closer to the house and was making all kinds of noise. Shortly afterwards a bunch of chickens came flying (literally) from out back to where the rooster was, even the two ducks came up closer to the house in a hurry. Rain just walked out back carrying a big stick. I told her if she meets anything to start swingin. *smile*

I'm considering cleaning the chimney today, but haven't fully decided since it's somewhat windy out there. Not sure if I should risk standing on the roof, in the wind, pushing the steel brush up and down in the flue/chimney (it's a metal pipe), since I don't have very good balance. In fact, even standing up too fast is frequently causing me to get dizzy these days. The last time I was on the roof to unscrew the overhead/floodlight/compound light on the front of the house, I kept getting dizzy and had to kneel down on the roof a few times. Still, the chimney flue needs to be cleaned (didn't clean it last year), so I'll probably risk it. 

Speaking of Winterizing. We've decided that we're not going to fully shutdown the pool this year. Meaning we're not going to put the cover over it, or take the ladder out. We're just going to drain some of the water out so that it doesn't set in the hoses, freeze, and crack them. Don't really see any point in covering it up, only to have to uncover it again in the Spring, so we're not going to, unless someone can tell us a good reason that we should. We'll leave the ladder in, just in case a cat gets in and needs a way to climb out. We'll just be diligent on keeping the leaves out so as to keep the algae buildup down.

Know anyone who's looking for PSP downloads? I know where to get unlimited downloads for their PSPs, which would help us make a little extra money too. *smile* 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I downloaded the latest version of Qumana (3.0.0-b5) thinking they might've fixed it so that when you posted to LiveJournal the entry subject/title would show-up, but it didn't. It still said "no subject" after I posted. *sigh* So, for now, I'm sticking with Zoundry.

Rambleman

P.S. Is anyone else having trouble sending blog entries from Zoundry to Blogspot? Last night I had to enter them from Blogspot, but today I'm going to send them using Qumana. Then I'll switch back to Zoundry to post it to LJ. *sigh*

4 comments:

lovelife said...

you be safe in the roof. would hate to get a post that you had been hurt.

TheyDHD said...

Best of luck on the roof, Be careful up there, okay?
There was some small problem with blogspot yesterday for me too, but it cleared up in a couple of hours.

Todd said...

"Best of luck on the roof, Be careful up there, okay?"

Sure, I can do that. Oh wait, already did.

"There was some small problem with blogspot yesterday for me too, but it cleared up in a couple of hours."

When I posted to Blogspot using Zoundry this morning, I couldn't, but was able to using Qumana. I don't get it. *shrug*

Todd said...

"lovelife said...
you be safe in the roof. would hate to get a post that you had been hurt.
1:19 PM "


I was safe, and careful. Rain watched to make sure she could call 911 right away if I fell, which I didn't. *smile* Thanks for caring!