Tuesday, August 1

Pictures and pool

8 cats in the kitchenDon't have anything all that exciting to write about, so I'll just show you the piles of cats I caught on camera 2 nights ago lazing on the kitchen floor. And to think, this is only a 1/4th of our kitties. *grin* If you view the large version, you can see where I put numbers 1-8 by each one. This alone should tell you how hot it is, then again, they don't go outside for any long periods until after the sun starts going down. Something I'm sure the mice don't appreciate, especially since they're mostly likely the target. We do though, *because* the mice are the targets. *mischievous grin*

Kilala in a basketThis is Kilala, as it says on the photo. It was just too cute not to shoot a picture of. *smile* For some weird reason, he's become *very* affectionate towards humans, and me in particular the last few weeks. Maybe he knows something I don't? He does "talk" a lot, but I have no idea what he's trying to say. Oh well, maybe some day, who knows? *smile* I was just saying the other night, said to my DD and Rain at different times, "I never realized how pretty gray could be". Of course he's not really gray-gray, more grayish-brown. Beautiful either way. *smile*

Newly mounted CD/DVD/Game rackThis is the CD/DVD/Game rack I hung on the wall beside the computer desk. Figured that since we had it, and it was doing no good out in the craft building, that I would bring it in, mount it on the wall, and put the CD's with games and my journal on them. And that's exactly what I did. Pretty cool and ingenious, don't ya think? *grin*

Other than this, I haven't been up to much today. Haven't even read any email yet because my DD had been on-line for the last few hours taking quizzes and finding anime' pictures. Like she needs any more, she told me last night that she already has over 2,000 (thousand). Oh well, it's her computer's memory she's using up. *grin*

All we've done today is drive into town to get a couple of lottery tickets, cigarettes, a 2-liter bottle of soda, and some M&M's. Haven't even open the M&M package yet. *grin* Oh yeah, and we picked up a refill for one of my prescriptions. We've also given fresh water to the chickens, ducks, and cats, all the waters outside. Once that was done, we stuck the hose, still running, into the pool. Partly because of evaporation, and partly so we could run what's called a "backwash" to rinse the filter-tank from time to time. When we go shopping on Thursday, we'll pick up a large bottle of algaecide for the pool. Because it's been so hot lately, we once again have an algae problem.. So, we'll add half the bottle, add half a bottle of clarifier, vacuum the bottom, add the other half bottle of algaecide, then add half a bottle of clarifier. After that, it should be ready to swim in virtually clear water. *smile*

If you couldn't see the pictures, try looking at http://ramblemansweb.com/photos/Blog_pictures.html

Rambleman

No comments: