Thursday, August 31

Clean woodstove. Chores done late. Garden preparing.

Okay, here we go again. I'm writing this with Zoundry, and will of course try to post it to my main blog - Ramblemans.blogspot.com, but I'm not holding my breath. Wouldn't be a good idea anyway, else I'd have a really hard time finishing this. LOL.

Got the woodstove cleaned thoroughly yesterday afternoon. And I mean I cleaned that thing from top to bottom, literally. What a sight I was after I finished. I looked like I had changed ethnic persuasions. LOL. After a shower though, I once again looked like my Caucasian self. *smile*

While I was doing the cleaning of said stove, Rain started the laundry. After I was done with the stove, I vacuumed that room (kinda had to though, cause I tracked ash on the floor). But we're ready for the cold, well, as soon as we get some wood we will be. *grin*

Daughter finally changed the litter in the litter boxes. She was supposed to do that Tuesday, as well as the vacuuming. I made a deal w/her yesterday that I would do whichever thing she liked doing the least, which was vacuuming. Well, Rain did vacuum the livingroom, I vacuumed the stove room yesterday, and DD was to change the litter boxes. Well, guess who "forgot" 'til late to do her chore. *sigh* Reminder her last night, and she said she'd do it "first thing this morning", but she didn't. And it wasn't until we reminded her about a half an hour ago that got her to finally do it. I forgive her, this time, though, because she bought us dinner/lunch at McDonalds today while we were in town to get smokes for Rain, M&Ms, and a newspaper. *smile* But still...

Okay, another thing I did was change the water filter in the pump-house. That took about 5 minutes. *smile* Then I put the last of the algae killer in the pool and turned the pool pump on. Don't think the kids will be swimming anymore this year since the night are dropping into the 50's-60's (F*), which means that water is cold, unless of course it get really, really hot during the day, which it hasn't for the last 3-4 days. All that just to say that I'm not going to worry about vacuuming the bottom any more until next Spring.

Next on the list is getting a T-Pole put in by the garden area, and then fencing it with the chicken-wire we have in the shed. Then we'll lay some cardboard down and cover it with grass that we'll be raking up and/or hay that we eventually purchase. Then put what little compost we have on top of that. Hopefully by next Spring it'll be ready to have some stuff planted in it. *fingers crossed*

Rambleman

P.S. Still couldn't post this using Zoundry. Will have to go to the Zoundry forum to see if it's Zoundry, Blogspot, or something that has glitched on my computer. *sigh*

2 comments:

lovelife said...

hi maybe Rain should of took a pic of you to post on your blog after you got the stove done today.
Sounds like you all have been busy.
hope you have a fun weekend.

Todd said...

"hi maybe Rain should of took a pic of you to post on your blog after you got the stove done"

Yeah, I thought of that *after* my shower. Oops!