Saturday, August 26

Food box, gas prices, boraxed carpets, plans for the day

Went and got our 25$ box of food. It was the first time we've done that church for it, and it was just like an assembly line. You take your box, put a tag on it that faces out with the number of the 'package' you paid for, and slide it down the line. Each person behind the tables puts an item in your box. Once you reach the end of the line, you're done, and you leave.

On the way there we noticed that all of the gas stations were selling gas at the same price. What ever happened to a little competition? Other than a couple of cents difference? *grr*

My plans for the rest of the day are pretty much up in the air. I did sprinkle some Borax over some spots on the carpet in the living room and in the kid's game/TV room that were darker than the carpets are normally. I'm not sure why they're discolored, but I imagine that at least a few of the spot are where a cat peed. *sigh* Well, once I vacuum, at least the air will hopefully smell a bit fresher. To be honest though, I don't notice it if it's not fresh smelling, perhaps because I'm used to it. Although, I didn't notice any unusual odors when we came back after being gone for an hour. I'm still perturbed at Peach, one of our female cats, because she pooped on the living room carpet right after I woke up. Actually, I had *just* got to the living room and was sitting on the sofa with my eyes closed when I heard a scratching-on-the-carpet noise. When I opened my eyes, Peach was standing there trying to bury what she had just done. *WTF?* She knows where the litter boxes are, as well as the doors. Damn cat!

I've got a load of laundry going in the wash machine. I'll be going and getting the full hamper of dirty clothes out of our room in a little bit. I may be able to fit all of them into one load, at least I hope so. I ran the dishwasher this morning, now it's waiting for the kids to unload it. Then later I'll take the trash out and burn it in the burn barrel.

Rambleman

Technorati : , , ,

2 comments:

lovelife said...

hi cool that you all got the food and in a not so long line at a church lol
might have to see if any of the places in springfield offer that.
have a good weekend.

Todd said...

lovelife wrote...

"might have to see if any of the places in springfield offer that."

I hear they do. But you'll have to ask Whimsperation where and who.